The FedUni WestVic Academy of Sport, in partnership with Netball Victoria and AFL Goldfields, will run a program of intensive training days including on and off court activities; for athletes aspiring to trial for the 2017 “Netball Victoria Zone Academy” at the end of 2016.
Objectives of the program are to complement existing programs such as ‘Association Championships’ and Club/Association Netball and up-skill the region’s best under 14 talent to have them as well prepared as possible for the 2017 “Netball Victoria Zone Academy” trials held at the end of 2016.
The aim is to provide services to these athletes which they could not otherwise access, therefore completing and complimenting their current coaching, training and competition environments.
This program will target athletes who trialled for 2016 “Netball Victoria Zone Academy” but did not earn selection, and are eligible again to trial for 2017; plus any other talented Netballers coming out of Under 13 Association Championships who are likely to be invited to trial for the 2017 “Netball Victoria Zone Academy”.
The objective of the WestVic Academy of Sport is to implement a program which takes a holistic approach to an athlete’s development, through provision of off-surface services which support both the technical and tactical sport specific coaching and other sport science support they are receiving already in their training environments.
This program will deliver two blocks of four training days (one in November/December 2015 and one in July 2016), combining on-court technical and tactical activities as well as personal development workshops in areas such as: nutrition, sport psychology and injury prevention. The program’s activities will be directed by the Netball Australia “Dare to Develop a Diamond” curriculum.
• Block One (2015) = November 22, November 29, December 6, December 13.
• Block Two (2016) = July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1.
• The priority is to have the timing of service delivery done to be of most benefit to the athletes’ development, performance and progress along their pathway; while being conscious of other activities and requirements placed on the athletes - we aim to deliver service as a group to ensure efficiency.
• Eight training days, comprising of two hours on-court training and one hour off-court activity/workshop.
• All activities are directed by the Netball Australia “Dare to Develop a
• Those off-court workshops will include: (NV Pathway; Injury Prevention/Core Stability; address from an Olympian; ASADA e-learning workshop; Nutrition; Psychology; Public Speaking.
• Musculoskeletal Screening and Report.
Costs and further information
The cost of the program is $240 + GST
For more information, please contact the Academy’s Office on (03) 5327 9890.